Lab, Blood & Functional Tests are important to understand underlying causes and to avoid treatments merely suppressing symptoms.
Functional Lab Tests differ from Standard Lab Tests in that they provide information on functionality rather than pathology e.g. how well you are using food for energy as opposed to measuring your blood glucose level.
A registered medical doctor is held responsible by the Medical Council for ensuring that lab tests are appropriate and that results are acted upon. Consequently, lab tests may ONLY be requested by Dr Cindy de Villiers at a consult in conjunction with a follow-up consult.
Reasons why you may wish to get test kits from a registered Functional & Integrative medical doctor include:
- formal qualifications to provide advice as to whether a test is relevant and the best option
- access to all tests including registered-doctor-only tests
- formal qualifications for interpretation to fully understand the complex physiological pathways
- the full intervention toolkit, including alternative supplements/nutrition/lifestyle and mainstream prescriptions/referrals.
- a professional medical Patient Portal
(not a re-purposed salon booking app), where you can securely collate and access all your lab results alongside your medical history
Lab tests range in cost and the consultation can prioritize according to budget and effectiveness which tests will be beneficial, which ones you should start with and which ones you might budget for later.