Emails seem convenient, but go wrong all the time:
- how many times have you had an email or a reply go missing? (that's a problem with an important medical request!)
- how many times do emails randomly get lost in junk mail?
- how often do emails not get answered when a staff member is away on holiday or a training course
- emails cause LOTS of confusion, where the clinic can't tell which patient the email is from, or the clinic is not allowed to reply to an email address not associated with the registration
- emails have to be manually copied and pasted by the clinic to maintain medical council filing requirements causing extra workload; time which could better be spent doing something useful
- emails can't be managed in a shared queue, which risks mistakes on tasking and followups
- emails legally may not contain medical information, which disrupts responses
- want to call reception and get an immediate answer to your question? If all history and interactions are in the portal, reception can help immediately, which is great for everyone.